The Stealth is an incredibly fun bike off road! Trust us when we say this bike was put through it’s paces when we took it out. There aren’t many e-bikes available that can do over 20mph off road and it’s power can also be restricted so that it is legal for road use too. As an added bonus all bikes by Cyclotricity are built in Britain. The reaction we get from customers who visit the Powerbikes showroom made us realise the looks of the Stealth are a bit like Marmite. You either love it or you hate it. We love it! Or maybe we’re biased because we like to go fast. There is also another version of the Stealth with power boosted up to 1000W! Click here to view.
Stealth 500w –Extreme e-biking!
If you ever wondered whether or not you can de-restrict your electric bike to go faster than the usual 25km/h speed limit and use it off-road, oh boy you’re in for a treat! The ever so popular Stealth now comes in a new power boosted version allowing you cruise at 21mph given it’s 36V 500W system.
The UK/EU regulations dictate that an e-bike must not exceed the rated power of 250W to be road-legal. Which is not great news for the thrill-seekers, power hungry among us who want to have the occasional fun off-road yet still be able to ride sensibly and legally on-road. A purchase of the common high powered electric bike will come with its legal implications. On the other hand, the practicality of a road-legal e-bike means giving up the fun one could have off-road. So which do you choose?
CycloTricity had set out to resolve this dilemma and introduced the first electric bike range that combine both configurations! We have developed a unique system that allows the user to swap between two modes depending on whether you are on-road or off-road, allowing you to unlock the full power where it is safe and legal to do so.
- 500W brushless and gearless rear hub motor (comes restricted to the UK/EU regulation of 250W power and 15.5mph speed by default. Reaches up to 21mph once de-restricted to the 500W mode.)
- LCD dashboard showing power output, Speed, Time, journey Distance etc and ability to control the de-restriction settings.
- Thumb throttle (optional extra, not legal for use on UK roads: contact us for more info)
- 5 levels of pedal assist modes
- Fitted with mechanical alloy disc brakes. Electric brake levers cut the power when applied.
- 36v Lithium-ion battery (25-40miles range between charges depending on terrain, weight of cyclists, frequent use of PAS, frequency of stops/starts, air pressure in tyres etc. Based on 250W restriction mode. Range could drop down to 15miles once de-restricted to full power)
- USB Port: Inactive
- Charger: UK plug charger with LED indicating level of charge (battery should be fully charged within 5 hours)
- Frame size: 17″ or 20″ Alloy 6061 frame
- Suspension: SR Suntour Alloy
- Gears: 7 speed Shimano derailleur
- Rims: 26″ Alloy double walled
- Saddle: PVC leather
- Bell: Included
- 1 year warranty (extended warranty available as an option)
- Total weight of e-Bike including battery: 24kg